Friday, April 12, 2019

Sabbath Music - A Jewish Prayer & a Bonus





I've been thinking about the return of Yeshua our Messiah.  The Scriptures say He will return with the sound of the trumpet, which is the shofar.  Since we always begin our Sabbath service with the shofar blast, I was thinking, perhaps He will come on that blessed day.  Something to ponder.

This song speaks of the longing for Messiah to come.  I long for it, too, and seek every day to be ready, with my lamp filled with His holy oil.  (See the parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25).  The song is in Hebrew with English lyrics.

A Jewish Prayer


And I have a bonus for you, Gail-Friends.  Here's a song we sing every week.  The song speaks of welcoming the Sabbath and of the return of Messiah for His bride.  This song is also in Hebrew with English lyrics.

Lecha Dodi 

In the week ahead, we'll be preparing for Passover by getting the chametz (leaven) out of our homes.  This is a commandment of Adonai.  Leaven is representative of sin. We also search our hearts for any sin and get that out of our lives, too.  Such a wonderful and tangible lesson He has given us.

Good Shabbos to you, Gail-Friends! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi there I am so excited I found your blog,
    I really found you by error, while I was researching on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and
    would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all
    at the moment but I have saved it and also added your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to
    read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.