Friday, April 12, 2019

Thankful Thursday - Unplanned & The Pro-Life Movement




Today, I'm thankful for the many people in the Pro-Life Movement who have continued to work to end baby murder in the womb.  When Roe v Wade was passed in 1973, they didn't just shrug and give up.  They continued to pray and put feet to their faith to end this abomination.  They've continued to fight for the past "46" years!!!!  That's commitment.  That's faith!

I believe Roe v Wade will be overturned.  Great strides have been made since President Trump took office.  State legislators are putting new laws on the books to protect the little ones.  Granted, abortion has not been outlawed nationwide, but great progress is being made.  For these, I'm am thankful to Adonai and see them as answers to prayer.

Just this week the following states have made big changes:

Mississippi Governor Signs Abortion Ban: I Want to Tell the Lord “I Fought for Innocent Babies”

Texas Senate Passes Bill Stopping Infanticide, Requiring Medical Care for Babies Born Alive After Abortions. 

Ohio defunds Planned Parenthood and abortion industry

Let's all say a BIG HALLELUYAH !

We went to see Unplanned this week and, Gail-Friends, you just absolutely MUST see this movie.  And take a teen, or pre-teen, with you.  The movie has an R rating due to graphic content. I'll tell you there a couple of very short scenes with blood, but they are necessary to understand the truth about abortion.

I learned so much from this film. For instance, about the RU486 method, aka the morning-after-pill.  The media makes it sound so simple and painless.  Not true and the film shows the impact of this drug.

I was touched by this film to the very depths of my soul.  So many girls and women have believed the lies about abortion.  I've personally known some who have killed their babies through abortion.  It's an issue so close to my heart that I wept through the whole movie.

I wept, not only about the ones who aborted their children but for the babies who were never born. 

I wept for the workers who are so blinded by the lies in their industry.

I wept for the fathers, and grandparents, and other family members who lost having those little ones in their lives.

Abortion is thoroughly horrible.  It impacts so many lives.  Statistics show that girls and women who abort their babies suffer terrible emotional and mental problems afterward -- many for the rest of their lives.  I know some of them.

But, I also wept for the pro-life workers.  I'm so thankful for those faithful ones who stood outside the killing clinics day after day, holding signs, and speaking truth to the ones who came to kill their babies.  God bless them for their steadfastness and faith.  In the movie, those workers waited eight long years to see their prayers answered for Abby Johnson.

God bless Abby for telling her story.  And God bless the people who provided funds to make this movie.  One benefactor is Mike Lindell - the My Pillow guy.  I'm going to buy two of them this week!!

Unplanned is having an impact:

“Unplanned” Movie Gets 93% Positive Rating From Viewers, Moves Up to 4th Place at Box Office



I've thought about the movie all week -- and cried.  I feel convicted to do more to stop the killing.  I've stood on the street with signs. I've supported pro-life causes.  I've written and spoken out about the killing.  I've contacted my legislators.  I've prayed with and counseled girls and women about it.  But, I know I can do more.  I'm seeking Adonai's face about what my role is to be going forward.   One thing I know to do is to encourage you to see the movie.

Another thing I know is this:  If you've had an abortion, God will forgive you.  

When we turn away, disobey and follow our own way, we reap death.  When women choose abortion, they experience death. Not only the death of the aborted baby but death in their spirits.

The aftermath of an abortion is like a beautiful piece of furniture with a deep scratch across the surface.  Marred, but still beautiful and still useful.   There is hope.   Peace is possible.

Beloved, if you have had an abortion, you must agree with God that abortion is murder.
Ask His forgiveness for your sin.
Receive that forgiveness as an unmerited gift.  Yeshua died and rose again to pay for your sin.
Thank Him for it daily.
Make amends by speaking the truth about abortion.  Share your experience so that others will not go through what you did.

REMEMBER:  You are loved and forgiven. God can use you to help other women.  

Read His Word -- the Holy Bible -- and obey it.  His ways are LIFE 


 

2 comments:

  1. We just saw unplanned and it was excellent. Highly recommend seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you went, Janine. I posted last week that over 100 abortion clinic workers have left the industry since the movie came out. The movie is having a great impact. Who knows how many babies are being saved?
      Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.