Friday, November 8, 2019

Sabbath Music - Oh, Love That Will Not Let Me Go


**

This song has been playing in my head ever since I read the words during my meditation time earlier this week:

Oh, Love That Will Not Let Me Go
by George Matheson


Oh Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

Oh light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

Oh Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

Oh Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.


The story behind this song is so heart-rending.  You can read that story at this LINK.

I listened to half a dozen renditions (and tunes) of the song before I found this one,  "O Love" performed with original music by Elaine Hagenberg

The lyrics of the song give me chills every time I hear or read them, and this version makes me feel like the angels are giving Adonai all the praise my heart cannot express.   I have to praise Him when I think back over my life and how He has protected, guided, loved, and blessed me.  I'm so thankful for that love and, like the song says, "His love will not let me go."  Haleluyah!  I will give Him glory forever!

This song is part of a playlist that is wonderful for His Sabbath.  I hope you enjoy it  -- Good Shabbos to you, Gail-Friends!

 ** graphic used by permission from MiYah Music on Facebook.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.