Friday, November 1, 2019

Sabbath Music - David Danced

***


November 1 and I can feel Fall in the air.  It's supposed to get down in the upper sixties tonight, so I might get to wear that new pink sweater I bought recently.

Last week, I talked about worship, and continuing that theme, today I'll talk about dancing in worship.  Have you ever done it?  Like I said before, I was raised in a Southern Baptist church and they frowned on such things.  But when I was introduced to Messianic Judaism, I was thrilled to see people dancing during worship.

At our synagogue, we dance and use flags and tambourines every week.  I love it.  It's called Davidic worship and it's called that because David (of the Bible) danced in the streets in worship to Adonai.  You can read all about it in 2 Samuel 6.  It's very interesting and this song is based on that Scripture:  David Danced by Joshua Aaron.   I hope you enjoy it and I hope you dance! You don't have to be a trained dancer.  You don't have to know any steps or routines.  Just turn on the music and move in rhythm with the music.  Raise your hands, dance, and worship our Heavenly Father.  I know you will be blessed and filled with JOY when you do!

***

Have a wonder-full, worship-full, and rest-full Shabbat and a good week ahead.

*** both graphics used by permission from MiYah Music on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.