Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sukkot 5781 Reflections

 

 

The golden rain is falling at Golden Cottage.  So appropriate for Sukkot -- the time of our rejoicing.  I love this holiday and I love sitting in the sukkah and watching the golden rain fall around me. The photo below shows the heavy "rainfall".  It covers the ground -- and it reminds me of the manna that fell daily for the children of Israel when they left Egypt.  Here's some music about this holiday for your enjoyment as you read:  Sukkot Song by Steve McConnell

Jem and I love to sit in the sukkah and remember all the blessings that fall on us daily.  We're blessed to have family nearby and enjoyed celebrating our grandson's birthday in the sukkah this year.  It's hard to believe he's already eleven!  Where did the years go?  He's such a sweet boy, and he's such a joy!



This year, Jem used elephant ear leaves and palm fronds to cover the top of the sukkah.  This was a great idea because not so much golden rain fell inside. But we had some blossoms get through -- and we could still see the stars through the roof.   I love seeing the little flowers fall on my journal .

It rained a lot last week, so I spent more time on the porch than in the sukkah.  I had some wonderful times of stillness as I looked out over Golden Pond, watching and listening to the birds, butterflies, and bees.  I'm so blessed.


As I was still, reflecting, and praying, I felt Adonai encouraging me to leave the sukkah up for a while, so we will.  He also impressed on me to use it as a prayer place. 

Adonai showed me some other things about the days ahead, and I'll share those in a post later this week.

Blessings and shalom to you, Gail-Friends

*** If you're not familiar with Sukkot, just click on Sukkot in the labels area to the right





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.