Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Bird Nerd Happiness


My mystery Mother's Day rose



Greetings Gail-Friends!

I've been super busy lately.  We just returned home from the Florida Folk Festival and I was pretty pooped.  We were up every morning by 6 am, and back to the hotel by 7 pm, so they were long, full days.  I'll have some photos for you next week since I don't have time to edit right now.

I have to share my Bird Nerd Happiness with you.  Recently, I caught a photo of a new bird at the feeders.  It was green with darker feathers on the wings.  I looked and looked through every bird book I have and could not identify it.  Well,  I was looking through some photos I took over the last month or so and found this!


I took this photo through my kitchen window, screen and all.  I forgot about it until today when I was scanning through my pics.  When I took the photo, it was very dark, so today I lightened it up and enhanced it and VOILA!  Mystery solved!  This is a male Indigo Bunting and a female on the right.  She is the mystery bird!  If I could, I'd do a cartwheel . . . Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!  You have to be a Bird Nerd to understand my enthusiasm!!!!!

I thanked God because I have prayed to identify the bird, and also to get a good photo of the male Indigo Bunting.  This one is fully mature, while the one I shared a while back was a young one whose feathers had not reached full color.  Isn't God good?  He cares about the smallest things - the desires of our hearts.  He's a wonderful Father!

I'm thankful for a special surprise I received on Mother's Day.  We had gone out to dinner, and when we returned home, I found a beautiful rose sitting at my front door.  No card was attached to tell me who it was from.  Everyone I've asked has said it wasn't them.  So, it's a mystery.  But whoever you are, I truly thank you.  You have no idea what a blessing you were to me.  Hugs and kisses to you and lots of love.

May was a wonderful month with many blessings!  My book, Golden Moments, was published and is being well received.  Thank you to all who've purchased it.  If you enjoyed it, I'd deeply appreciate your writing a short review on Amazon.  Here's the link:  Golden Moments

I saw this quote and wanted to share it with you because it's about thankfulness.  Yes, we are to be grateful for God's benefits which are more than we can ever number.

What are you thankful for this week, Gail-Friends?




I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.