Tuesday, April 24, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children - Day 2

“Hear, O Israel: The L-rd our G-d, the L-rd is one . You shall love the L-rd your G-d with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)

Father, I pray for this to be the guiding force in my children's lives, as it is your Greatest Commandment.  May it also be mine as I interact with my children.  Even though they are adults, help me to teach them diligently when I have the opportunity, both in my words and actions.  I pray that they will obey this Commandment in rearing their own children.   I pray that future generations of my family will always hold to Your ways and Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.