Sunday, April 29, 2012

31 Days of Praying for Our Children - Day 7

The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of wisdom.  (Proverb 9:10)

 1My son, if you will receive My words, and hide My commandments with you; 2So that you incline your ear unto wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; 3Yes, if you cry after knowledge, and lift up your voice for understanding; 4If you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hid treasures; 5Then you will understand the fear of the L-RD, and find the knowledge of G-d.  (Proverb 2:1-5)

Father, I pray for my children to know a holy fear of You, because You said that is the beginning of wisdom.  To recognize You as Holy, worthy of awe and respect.  The way a child sees her beloved father.  I pray they will  want to please You because of Your tender love, and to be saddened when they have failed to obey You. 

 I pray for You to teach them that holy fear You speak of here.  I pray they will incline their ears to wisdom and apply their hearts to understanding.    I pray they will cry after knowledge and lift up their voices for understanding.  I pray they will seek wisdom as silver, and search for wisdom like they would a hidden treasure, because it truly is.

A great deal of Your Word has been sown in their hearts through the years, Father.  I am confident that Your Word will not return void, but will accomplish what You sent it to do.*  Thank You for that promise.  I pray and believe You will bring those Holy Words to their minds.  Thank You for the blessed hope I know with You as my Father.

*Isaiah 55:11

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail,
    what a great prayer, I prayed right along with you for mine kids as well.
    Hope you are doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.