Friday, April 27, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children - Day 5



Father, I was baptized as a young child and always went to church.  One day, I found a gospel tract that brought true conviction when I read Yeshua's words found in  Matthew 7:

 13Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in there:
 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
 15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
 16You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
 17Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
 19Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
 20Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them.
 21Not every one that says to me, L-rd, L-rd, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
 22Many will say to me in that day, L-rd, L-rd, have we not prophesied in Your name? and in Your name have cast out devils? and in Your name done many wonderful works?
 23And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.


That Word pierced my heart, and I knew I would be one of those who would hear You say, "Depart from me.  I never knew You."    I suddenly realized Your holiness, Your sovereignty.  True repentance led me to surrender.   I bowed the knee to You, a Holy G-d, and my life changed forever. Thank you for that day.  Thank You for opening my eyes to the Your Truth.

I pray for my daughters, their husbands and my grandson to have the teshuva (repentance) that leads to salvation and obedience to You.  I pray for them to know You, the Holy One of Israel, Yeshua Hamashiach.  


I'm linking up to Faith Filled Fridays
and Spiritual Sundays

5 comments:

  1. Keep praying and surround them with love, but send the Holy Spirit with His sword to pierce their hearts. They will remember the words they have heard. Let them come to God on His terms. Not easy but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have been released to the Hound of Heaven. He will do the work.

      Delete
  2. Still praying with you... It's God's will that they come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for agreeing with me, Pamela. You are absolutely right.

      Delete
  3. I think too many people take God's laws too lightly. How sad it will be for those who hear those words "Depart from me. I never knew you." Thank you for sharing this thought provoking post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.