Monday, April 30, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children - Day 8


Folly is joy to him who is destitute of discernment, But a man of understanding walks uprightly.
Proverbs 15:21
Now, we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit of G-d so that we might understand the things G-d has so freely given us.  These are the things we are talking about when we avoid the manner of speaking that human wisdom would dictate and instead use a manner of speaking taught by the Spirit, by which we explain things of the Spirit to people who have the Spirit.  Now the natural man does not receive the things from the Spirit of G-d - to him they are nonsense!  Moreover, he is unable to grasp them because they are discerned through the Spirit.  But the person who has the Spirit can discern everything, while no one is in a position to evaluate him.  


For who has know the mind of Adonai?  Who will counsel Him?

But we have the mind of Yeshua the Messiah.    
(I Corinthians 2: 12-16)

Father, I pray for Your Spirit to be poured out on my children, so that they may be able to think with Your mind, so that they will have discernment, and understand right from wrong.  The spirit of the world assaults us from every avenue:  the workplace,  family members, television, the internet, advertising, songs on the radio.  All day long we are bombarded with the spirit of the world and it's philosophies.  I pray for my children to discern good from evil.  This comes by Your Spirit and Your Word.  Your Word gives light.  I pray they will hunger for Your Word - Your owner's manual for life on Earth. 

Today what is right is considered wrong.  What is wrong is considered right.  Those who follow You and Your ways are looked at as evil.  I pray for my children to discern this.  I pray that when evil presents itself, Your Word will come to their minds to give them discernment.

I pray for them to discern good and evil in people.  Help them to recognize fools.  I pray that every person who has an evil influence on them would be removed.  I pray that You will lead them to people who love You and follow You.  I pray for close relationships and friends who stays closer than a brother, and that foster and nurture love, caring, and good works.  

I pray for them to recognize false teachers and prophets.  I pray they will run from preachers who say "I know the Bible says that, BUT..."  Lead them to men and women who live by Your precepts and mitzvot.   
Protect them from teachers who tickle the ears (entertain) and lead foolish people to destruction.  Lead them to teachers who rightly divide Your Word of Truth.

I pray for them to discern that sin has consequences.  Yes, Your love and grace atones for our sins, but the consequences remain.  Just as leaven causes bread to rise, sin has effects on our lives and damages everything.    May they never take sin lightly.  May they discern and turn away from sin in every form of thought and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.