Monday, May 7, 2012

31 Days of Paying For Our Children - Day 15

The L-rd is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He has me lie down in grassy pastures,
He leads me by still waters,
He restores my soul.
(Psalm 23:1-3)

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:  (John 10:26-28)



Father, I pray for my children to know the joy of spending time with You and to look forward to that time with eager anticipation. 

I pray for them to hear the voice of  their tender Shepherd.  To know the joy You find in them and how tenderly You care for them.  This Psalm so beautifully portrays Your care for us.  I pray they will know and understand the meaning of these verses.

Help my children to understand that time alone with You, in the beauty of Your creation is needed in order for our soul to be restored.  Help them to understand the need to come aside with You and be still, especially on Your Sabbath.

Help them to understand how important it is to communicate with You, both in prayer (talking to You) and in listening to Your voice. I pray they will pray about everything and cast their cares on You as You told us.  I pray they will ask You for wisdom about any problem.  How wonderful is Your promise to show us what to do in every situation.

I pray for my children to listen to and follow (obey) Your voice.  Help them to understand that Your voice will never speak in contradiction to Your Holy Word.  Help them to spend time with You and Your Word so they will be able to distinguish Your voice from any others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.