Friday, May 4, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children - Day 12

Tell the older men  to be serious, sensible, self-controlled and sound in their trust, love and perseverance. (Titus 2:2)

 Husbands, love your wives, even as Yeshua also loved the body of believers, and gave himself for it.
(Ephesians 5:25)

Father, I pray for my daughter's husbands to love their wives with a tender, sacrificial love the way Yeshua does.  I pray they will not put any one above their wives.  I pray that they will treat them with honor and respect, and cherish them as the treasure they are.  I pray they will speak of their love daily, and compliment their wives not only for outward beauty but for inward beauty, too.  

I pray they will be the kind of husbands that my daughters will trust and have no reason not to submit to, because they will always know their husbands have their best interest at heart. 

I pray they will be serious and sensible, especially in matters of finance.  I pray they will be committed in their role to provide for their family by working and bringing income home.   I pray they will be leaders of their family, teaching them to obey You, study Your Word, and not forsake fellowship, study, prayer, and worship with other believers.

I pray these men will be examples to their wives and children of self-control, integrity, and discipline.  And, Father, I pray that all men who are part of their generations to come will follow in their footsteps as men of G-d.


 I'm linking up today to Faith Filled Friday
and Spiritual Sundays

2 comments:

  1. It would be great if everyone prayed for their children this way. Thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how often do we pray such prayer? And yet it is scripture, it's according to God's own desire. This is reminding me how I should be praying more the specific scriptures I read, the ones that express God's will, His heart. And 31 (successive?) days of prayer for our children: What an excellent idea. I think I'll pursue that myself, because what we do steadily for 21-28 days is supposed to become routine, even habit, to us -- and what an excellent habit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.