Tuesday, May 15, 2012

31 Days of Prayer For Our Children - Day 22

Praise and Thanksgiving

 And now shall my head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the L-RD. (Psalm 27:6)

Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of G-d in Yeshua concerning you.
 Quench not the Spirit. (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and G-dhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew G-d, they did not glorify Him as G-d, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.  Professing to be wise, they became fools.  (Romans 1:20 -22)

Father, I pray for my children to know the power of praise and of giving thanks to You.  I remember how my grandmother constantly said, "Praise the L-rd!".  I remember my Jamaican friend Carmita who spent a long time praising and thanking You before we prayed together.  Carmita taught me to say, "I thank You, G-d, that I can see, and hear, and walk, and talk, and think, and that I have strength to praise You!  I learned from both of these prayer warriors how important gratitude and praise are.

You want us to bring the sacrifice of praise.  That is sometimes very difficult  when we are going through hard times, but I pray for my children to know how much it invigorates our spirits to do this.  Praising and thanking You in times of trouble takes the focus off ourselves and onto You.  Praise lifts us and causes the evil one to flee.

Father, I pray for my children to be thankful to their spouses, children, families, friends, neighbors and co-workers.  May they not take for granted the things others do for them.  The words "thank you" are so sweet and gracious, and everyone likes to hear them.

Thank you, Father, for teaching me that a lack of thankfulness is a sin.  I only learned this within the last few years.  Thank you for showing me the verses in Your Word that say, "and they were not thankful."  Father, you deserve all praise and honor and glory forever.


I lift these prayers to You in the Name of Yeshua Ha-Mashiach.

 Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.