Thursday, May 3, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children - Day 11

 

The older women likewise, to behave the way people living a holy life should .  They shouldn't be slanderers or slaves to excessive drinking.  They should teach what is good., thus training the younger women to love their husbands and children.  To be self-controlled and pure, to take good care of their homes and submit to their husbands.  In this way, G-d's message will not be brought into disgrace. (Titus 2: 3-5)

Father, I pray that my daughters will see their role as women, wives, homemakers, and mothers as a calling from You .  I pray they will honor their husbands as the head of their homes and partners in the work You've called them to as spouses.

Oh, Father, it grieves me that the world teaches women to be unholy, immodest, foul-speaking, and hateful. I pray my children will see the folly of this and choose instead to walk in holiness, according to Your Holy Word.

I pray they will dress modestly and in a way that honors You as well as their husbands.  I pray they will not want to follow You more than  fashion.  I pray they will understand that immodesty can cause men to stumble.

I pray they will also behave with modesty, not with the loudness, foul-speaking and brazeness that is portrayed in music, television and movies today.    I pray they will guard their tongues and avoid the evil  tongue (lashon hora).  I pray they will bless and not curse, and use their speech to build up, bless and teach others Your ways.

I pray they will not drink to excess or be drawn to people or groups who pride themselves with drunkenness.  I pray that the party scene and people who love it will be repugnant to them, because going that way leads to spiritual death. 

Thank You that both of my daughters have good husbands. I pray they will love their husbands and children and realize the high calling of being a wife and a mother.  I pray they will understand Your blessings, freedom and protection of being submitted to their husband's leadership.   I pray that my daughters will  honor their husbands and be good help-meets for them, building them up, and  praying for them.

I pray that my daughters will honor You and not bring disgrace on You by their words or actions.  I also pray they will teach younger women these things, and that they will pass these things on to future generations.  I pray they will take these verses in Titus 2 and Proverb 31 to heart and make them their ideal as women, wives, homemakers, and mothers.



1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.