Monday, October 12, 2015

31 Days of Garden Tours - Day 12



Today, I'll continue with the tour of Becky's garden.  You can see the first part of her yard HERE

The picture above is at the far right side of the back yard, at the end of the pool.  Becky has some beautiful yard art, and I particularly liked this angel.

Just to the left of the angel is a beautiful patio area, sheltered by a bougainvillea covered wooden trellis. The patio has a pizza oven as well as a regular over.  Can you imagine cooking and eating in this lovely spot?

Add caption


I love those twinkle lights and the trim on the trellis.  So pretty.

The plant pictured directly above is the trunk of the bougainvillea plant.  Bougainvillea is abundant in this area, and I always enjoy seeing the different colors.  We have fuscia, light pink, white, coral and purple varieties. The flowers bloom most of the year here on the coast.  It is beautiful, but has vicious thorns that can really scratch if you're not careful.


Another wall in the trellis area, with a sweet little fountain and hanging candle holders.  Becky's husband did all of the tile work here, too.  You can see more of his handiwork in the previous post.  


My son-in-law and grandson enjoyed taking a break to play tic-tac-toe in the shade.  Becky painted the ladybugs, too.  Looks like the little one is winning.


Here's a little peek into the next section of Becky's garden.  I'll show you that next week.  But before we go, here are a few more lovelies from the trellis area.

Brilliant crotons

Exotic bromiliads - wonderful, but they hold water and breed mosquitos.

Bleeding hearts - I love them (but not the liberal kind).  That's a joke, Gail-Friends.  I hope you laughed out loud.  Tomorrow, I'll be showing you Becky's potting area.  You will love it, so be sure to stop by.  

 

This is a partial re-post from 2014.  I hope you don't mind, as I'm going to have to take a short break from posting.  The posts for 10/8 through 10/13 will be previous postings, but you don't want to miss them, so be sure to stop by every day. I'll be posting my most recent pond tour visits beginning October 14.

Blessings to you, Gail-Friends.

 I'm linking up to the 31 Day Blog Event.
~~~~~~~~~~~

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:



Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   




MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life



STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS

 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.