Wednesday, October 21, 2015

31 Days of Garden Tours - Day 21


Today's post is about the xeriscape garden at the home of Dan and Ann Powell of Merritt Island, Florida.  I wasn't sure of the meaning of xeriscape, so I looked it up:  a style of landscape design requiring little or no irrigation or other maintenance.  I aboslutely love this garden because it has enough green and flowering plants to make me happy.  There is so much to see, and I took so many photos, that I'm going to do two posts about it.  



This is the front yard and porch of the Powell home.  



This is the first area as you enter the gate to the backyard.  They have a large collection of bromiliads, and a cute vignette of a tiny village, complete with a lighthouse.


The yellow shed holds the lawn equipment.  I love the window treatment, and have to make one like it.  Remember, this is coastal Florida.







Here in Florida, we love our flamingos. Yes, I have them in my yard, too.



Add caption
The chair, turned flower pot holder, is made of driftwood.

The fish are made of bicycle chains
I love the idea of having an art gallery along the fence. (Another thing I'll add to our garden.)  And I love the painted door.



We've arrived at the back end of the yard, and the pond area.  I'll show that to you tomorrow, along with the covered deck, back porch, and a couple of other sweet surprises.  I hope you'll come back by and see more of this couple's creative ideas in their garden.

Blessings to you, Gail-Friends! 



I'm linking up to the 31 Day Blog Event.

~~~~~~~~~~~

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:




Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   






MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life





STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS


 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.