Friday, April 13, 2018

Sabbath Music - Have A Little Talk With Jesus


The Sabbath is nearing, and as I'm preparing, I'm thinking of this song:  Have a Little Talk with Jesus by Tennessee Ernie Ford.  This was one of my daddy's favorite songs.  I have a fond memory of him singing it.

I love this part of the lyrics:

I may have doubts and fears, my eyes be filled with tears, 
but Jesus is a friend who watches day and night. 
I go to Him in prayer. He knows my every care. 
And just a little talk with Jesus makes it right.

The graphic above is pertinent to this song.  ADONAI longs to spend time with us, and said, "Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you."  He also said, "My sheep hear My voice and they follow Me."

His voice is soft, quiet, and tender, dear Gail-Friends, and  I treasure the Sabbath as a special set-apart time to be still and talk with Him.  His voice, along with His Word, give me strength and peace and revive me for the week ahead.

I hope your Sabbath is rest-full, worship-full, and peace-full.

No automatic alt text available.

** images are from Garden of Bright Images (Facebook group)
~~~

 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.