Friday, November 9, 2018

Sabbath Music - Farther Along








This song's been running through my mind all week, and it always ministers to me.  When disappointments come, or sickness, or a crisis in our lives, we can get to feeling sorry for ourselves.  That happened to me on Wednesday morning when I learned the mid-term election results. (I wrote about it yesterday.) And it has troubled me all week as I watched the election results challenged and boxes of ballots suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

When bad things happen, I'm learning to praise Him anyway.  I say, "Blessed be the Name of the Lord.  The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.  I'll praise Him anyway."  This isn't easy sometimes, but it brings comfort to my heart.   I know from past experience that He holds the whole world in His mighty hands and He can bring good out of bad.  I've seen it many, many times in my life.

If anybody has a reason to feel sorry for herself, Joni Erickson Tada surely does.  As a young woman, she was paralyzed after an accident.  She's gone on to be an author, artist, singer, and public speaker.  This video has a brief testimony from her first, and then a beautiful rendition of the song Farther Along.  I hope you'll watch and listen to it when you feel down-hearted.  I know it will encourage you. Farther Along


It's a good song for the Sabbath, Gail-Friends, and I pray you'll have a good and rest-full, thank-full, worship-full one.  Rest in Him.

 P.S. I have not forgotten about sharing my vacation pictures.  Hopefully, that will happen in the week ahead.  I'm still really busy with my project here at home.  I'm going to have my very own office / woman cave.  Rabbi Jem and I have shared an office for the past twelve years and it's not easy, let me tell you.  He's a pile-it kind of guy, and I'm a file-it kind of girl.  Funny thing is, he can always find his stuff.  Me - not so much.  Anyway, this is a dream-come-true for me.  It will probably be another month before I have it finished.  I'm so excited!!!

I sometimes share my posts with these friends:
  Spiritual Sundays  GRAND Social      Modest Mom Monday Link-up      The Art of Homemaking Mondays

 Hearth and Soul Link Party
   BLOGGING GRANDMOTHERS LINK PARTY     Share Your Cup Wednesday  Wordless Wednesdays    Classical Homemaking Link-Up     
    Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life  Paula's Weekend No Rules Blog Party Friendship Friday 
Sunday Thoughts Link-Up
 OVER THE MOON LINKY PARTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.