Friday, November 23, 2018

Sabbath Music - Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown?




Oh, how I'm looking forward to the Sabbath tonight. I've been busy as a one-armed paper hanger for the past week getting my new office / woman cave finished.  I'm far from finished, but have made considerable progress and am already enjoying sitting in there for my morning meditations.  Tomorrow, I'll have a whole day to enjoy the peace-full atmosphere.  (I'll do a blog post about it later to fill you in on what we've done.)

This past week, Jem and I watched the movie Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown and it brought back sweet memories of singing the hymn by the same name while growing up in the Baptist Church. The song is an integral part of the movie, and is interspersed throughout the plot.  It's a sweet, lovely movie that teaches a good moral lesson and I highly recommend it.   I've been humming the song all week, and knew I had to share it with you.  I found many versions on YouTube, but this is my favorite --  I hope you enjoy this rendition by Allison Krauss It's a good meditation for the Sabbath, too.  

I hope you have a good Shabbos filled with rest, refreshment, praise, worship, and focus on our wonder-full Heavenly Father, The King of the Universe, who gives us the gift of His Sabbath.

Blessings to you all, Gail-Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.