Thursday, October 22, 2015

31 Days of Garden Tours - Day 22


This is part two of the Powell garden on Merritt Island.  I've lightened the color on these photos because the pond was shaded and pretty dark.  The photo above shows the camouflage canopy used on the side.  Below is a closer view of the area.


The photos  below show the bamboo pond cover.  Doesn't it look like a sukkah?  



It's covered with confederate jasmine, which grows really well here.  It smell so good when in bloom.
 

I love the touches of blue around the pond, the relaxation area near it, and this arbor made of sea grapes.



The homeowner invited us to step through the arbor to see this sweet surprise.  She sat on her nest atop the ladder, undisturbed by all of the hullabaloo in the yard.  Such a committed mother.


This area, just outside the screened porch, is shaded with another camouflage netting.  I really like this idea.  The homeowner said he ordered it from a military supply on the internet.  Have to do this in my yard.  I love the filtered light.


We were invited into the porch for refreshments.  It is a very inviting, happy space.



And here is the happy couple that made this happy backyard.  They were great, answering everyone's questions, and sharing their wealth of knowledge about xeriscape gardening.


That's all for this garden.  Tomorrow, I'll have another one for you.  I hope you'll stop by again.
Abundant Blessings to y'all, Gail-Friends.


I'm linking up to the 31 Day Blog Event.
~~~~~~~~~~~

 I sometimes share my posts  with  friends at:
 

Charlotte a Spiritual SundaysSpiritual Sundays     Janis with Sunday Stillness       THE SUNDAY COMMUNITY – #GIVE ME GRACE @SEE SPEAK HEAR MAMA Kathy’s Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life     GRAND Social       The Beauty in His Grip Link-Up   



MOTIVATION MONDAYS – @EMBRACINGHISWILL      SHARING HIS BEAUTY – @THEBEAUTYINHISGRIP
Titus 2 Tuesday     Share Your Stuff Tuesday    TITUS TUESDAYS @CORNERSTONE CONFESSIONS     

Wordless Wednesdays    Jennifer Dukes Lee Tell His Story  Teaching What Is Good Link-Up      

 A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up    Judith’s Wholehearted Wednesday     Raising Homemakers Wednesday     A Wise Woman Builds       Wake Up Wednesday     A Little R & R Wednesday     Wednesday's Prayer Girls & Link-Up Party

 Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3D Lessons 4Life     Thursday  Favorite Things Home and Garden Thursday at Delightsome Life




STILL SATURDAYS @SANDRAHESKAKING     PLAYDATES @LAURABOGGESS


 My Fresh Brewed Life with Barbie – Weekend Brew

1 comment:

  1. I felt like I just went on a mini-vacation! Thanks for sharing these pictures. I could almost feel the warmth in the air and the breeze on my face. :-)

    I had never heard of xeriscape gardening before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.