Sunday, May 13, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Children- Day 20


Hope

 And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. (Jeremiah 18:12)

And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border. (Jeremiah 31:17)

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer.  (Romans 12:12)

Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which enters into that within the veil (Hebrews 6:19)

Father, hope in You is my anchor.  My hope holds sure and stedfast, because I know Your heart.  I know how much You want my children to live for You.  I have confidence in Your Spirit to do the work in them to draw them to You, to teach them Your ways, and to perfect what concerns them.

Father, I rejoice in You.  I know that Your ways are past finding out.  I know that You can work in ways that I can't even begin to imagine.  I remember the times You have answered my prayers for my children in the past.  I have hope and I look forward to Your answers, trusting Your timing.

I'm thinking this morning about Jonah.  You had a work for him to do and he rebelled.  You arranged for him to have a seaside retreat to think it over until He bowed the knee to You.  I remember how You worked with Balaam.  When he wouldn't listen to You, You used a donkey to persuade him.  I remember the mighty prophet Elijah had a pity party in the wilderness,  and You ministered to him through birds. I remember the times I got off track, and You used birds to speak to me, too. 

Father, I have hope in You, not in my own ideas or efforts.  I pray for You to work in my children's lives, and I pray for them to have hope also.  I pray they will have the hope that springs eternally.  That hope will carry them through any difficulty.  It will cause them to endure till the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.