Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude - Day 6 - My Back Yard

Mexican Sunflower (and spider web)
Morning Glories are my favorite

My husband is a wonderful gardener, and for that, I am very grateful.  I call him Mr. Green Jeans**, and you have to as old as I am to know what that means.  He has a green thumb, whereas I have a black one.  Our attempts at vegetable growing have been great adventures and a source of many laughs.  Those stories are for another day, however.  Today I will share the variety of plants my husband has coaxed from our sandy Florida soil.  I hope you enjoy the beauty of my back yard as much as I do.

This is the flower of an Elephant Ear plant

Mr. Green Jeans with  the Elephant ear plant - huge leaves

Hibiscus bloom almost all year round

Not sure what this is, but we have many of them around our patio


One of the many bird feeders in my back yard.        


Yard art




**Mr. Green Jeans was the side kick farmer on the Captain Kangaroo Show, back in the 1950's.  Now you know how old I am, right?  Do you remember that show? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.