Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote!

 
Vote!   
The long-awaited day has arrived.  The time for believers to make their voices heard. Millions of people have been praying for our country to repent and for righteousness to return to our country.  Now is the day to vote for Biblical values.   
These words  of wisdom are for us today as well:

John Hancock:  "I conjure [urge] you, by all that is dear, by all that is honorable, by all that is sacred, not only that ye pray but that ye act."

Charles Finney: "The time has come that Christians must vote for honest men and take consistent ground in politics or the L-rd will curse them."  (my personal note:  this is true for Jews and Messianic Jews, too)

Samuel Adams: "Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is . . . executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country."
 
My prayers are with our country and for G-d to have mercy on us.  My desire is for voters to stand on the side of Biblical values related to these important issues:
Abortion: Obama is for third-trimester abortions and partial birth abortions.  
Traditional marriage - and against homosexuality.  Obama is for homosexual marriage and has repealed "don't ask, don't tell", which has caused many generals and admirals to be relieved of their commands because they refuse to implement this detrimental policy.   
Religious freedom -  Obama will continue the Health Care Mandate and requires synagogues and churches to provide insurance that will provide abortions, even though this is against Biblical values.   Interesting, however, is the fact that Muslims groups are exempt from this requirement.
Support of Israel - Obama does not stand on the side of Israel, and instead is supportive of countries that are anti-Semitic.
The only (electable) candidate that stands up for these Biblical values is Mitt Romney.  Third-party candidates, write-ins, and not voting are, in reality, votes for the current President.  
I've heard the concerns about Romney being a Mormon.  Although I do not agree with the religion, I do not think it is a reason not to vote for him.  I do business with people who are not of the same beliefs as mine.  For instance, I have a Muslim doctor.  I have an atheist dentist.  I use their skill and expertise.  The same is true of Mitt Romney.  He is a good business man with a track record of success in turning businesses around financially.  This is what America needs.  I think this quote is appropriate in this instance:
" In selecting men for office, let principle be your guide. Regard not the particular sect or denomination of the candidate - look to his character. . . . When a citizen gives his suffrage to a man of known immorality he abuses his trust; he sacrifices not only his own interest, but that of his neighbor, he betrays the interest of his country."  (Noah Webster)
If you are undecided, I hope you will prayerfully consider these points.  If you want Scripture related to the Biblical issues I've noted, I will be glad to give them.  
I will be praying and believing G-d will hear our prayers and have mercy on our beloved country.  

*************
Also, please read Part 2 of this subject at this link:  Who will I vote for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.