Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude - Day 1 - Family

 Gratitude - Day 1
With Thanksgiving coming up in a few days, I thought I would focus on a daily post of what I am thankful for until the end of the month.  I also received a new camera for my birthday, and since I'm learning to use it, thought  I'd include some photos I've taken recently.

Family

I have to start with my family and that we live close enough to visit frequently. I wish we could all be together more often, but I'm thankful for the times we do.  This photo was taken a little over a year ago, just before my mother began to digress with dementia.  I'm thankful she is still with us, and that I have her near me now.  I'm thankful, too, that her physical health has improved. 

G-d blessed me with the most wonderful husband in the world, two amazing daughters, and their husbands who are answers to prayers I began to pray in the 70's.  My greatest blessing is, of course, my grandson!  He just turned 3 last month and he is a joy! His name is Jonathan, but when he says his name it comes out "Jona-FUN",  which I think is right.

My immediate family is small, but I am also blessed with a huge extended family.  I was an only child, but my mama is one of 13, and my daddy was one of 11.  How many people are there in the world who have 48 aunts and uncles?  That is amazing, right?  Add in about 75  cousins and you have fodder for lots of stories, right?

When my daddy passed away, I had all of my aunts and uncles in the same room for the first time in my life.  The church was packed, and all of them were my aunts, uncles and cousins.  I remember feeling so blessed.  Each family does an annual reunion that becomes more special every year.  As I see my aunts and uncles pass on, I realize how blessed I've been to have so many family members.  I have an overflowing abundance of memories to treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.