Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratitude - Day 9 - Birds

I am so thankful for birds. I've learned so many lessons from watching them. I've written dozens of articles, stories, and poems about my feathered friends.  As a matter of fact the first piece of writing I sold was a poem about a mockingbird.   I've drawn and painted countless pictures of them. Now, with my new camera, I'm enjoying taking closer up photos and my portfolio of birds is already in the hundreds.

A Great White Egret at the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? (Matthew 6:25-27)

A blackbird and a woodpecker at my backyard feeder (with old camera, through the screen)

This is a swan (found out later it had been stolen from Orlando's Lake Eola Park)
This is with my new camera - have you ever seen a wood stork up close? 
Black Skimmers trying to stay out of the strong wind this past weekend.
A pair of very friendly ducks.  They were rushing over to see me.

Robins winter in Florida.  My yard has been covered with them this week.
Sand Hill Cranes are quite common here, and they are always in pairs...
Sand cranes are always in pairs.  They mate for life....there's a lesson in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.