Thursday, October 10, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 10 - Righteousness


Proverbs 10 mentions  the righteous and righteousness many times.  I read from the Complete Jewish Bible.  You can read this translation at Bible Gateway.com to see how many times the word is used.  An eye-opening exercise while reading Proverbs is to take a sheet of paper and make two columns.  Title the first column "the fool" and title the second column "the wise or the righteous".  As you go through the chapters, make note of the thoughts and actions of the fool vs the wise. 

In Judaism, a righteous person (the wise)  is called a tzaddik.  The Hebrew word is צַדִיק
Hebrew reads from right to left, so the first letter in tzaddik is the letter tzaddee, which looks like a man on his knees with his arms raised in praise.  Tzaddee is also the first letter in the word    Zion, another word for Israel  צִיוֹן
The more I study Hebrew, the more amazed I am.  Each letter is a teaching and a lesson,  in itself.       

In Judaism, we are taught to strive to be a righteous person - to obey G-d, or "do the right thing," as my rabbi (husband) says.  The Sh'ma teaches us to keep our focus on G-d and His commandments.  To be a righteous person is to keep our focus on ADONAI and obey Him. 


Yeshua (Jesus) was a Jew, and He obeyed the commandments.  He even said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." Nowhere will you find that He said to disobey them.  When He spoke against the religious leaders of His day, He was against their "man-made" rules and regulations that strangled the true meaning and spirit of the law. He was not against the law.

In the Christian church I was taught not to get "under the law" because it was bondage.  What twisted,duplitious teaching.  I was taught that the Old Testament was not for us today.  Another lie.

I am so glad I have found the truth.  Each Shabbat, when the Torah is paraded around the synagogue, we follow it around the room and keep our eyes on it.  We kiss it because it is like honey to our lips.  We rejoice in the Truth for it is LIFE!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.