Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 16 - Stops and Starts




source-Microsoft Office.com

Proverbs 16:9 stopped me today:

 A person may plan his path,
    but Adonai directs his steps.


So much wisdom here, dear Gail-Friends. 

A wise woman told me years ago, "G-d leads by stops, as well as starts."  That is what verse 9 is saying.  

Years ago, I owned a house that I wanted to sell.  I put it on the market and it just sat there for months.  No one even looked at the house.  I prayed and prayed for it to sell, but it did not.  

Over time, I became aggravated.  I prayer, " Father, I'm upset that this house is not selling.  You know I need to sell it.  I need the money (and on and on)". This was before I learned that He leads by stops as well as starts.  I fretted, I cried, I prayed and I begged G-d to let that house sell.  It didn't, and I finally gave up and put the house up for a rental.

I prayed for a good renter and my prayer was immediately answered. He sent a wonderful woman, who rented the house for three years.  She always paid on time, and took good care of the property.  

After three years, things changed in my life, and I decided to try to sell the house again.  I put it on the market, and the first person who looked at it signed a contract.  No hitches, no glitches.  Done!  

I learned from this experience to always mind the "stops" because He is in charge.  When my prayers are not answered, He has a reason.  The reason in this particular instance was that the second time I tried to sell, I really did need the money...much more than I thought I needed it the first time.  

G-d sees way ahead of us, and He has our best interest at heart, always.  He doesn't want us to fail, and His ways are the pathway to success.

^^^^^^^^^^

Quotations are from The Complete Jewish Bible

Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.