Saturday, October 26, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 26 - Like a Rolling Stone

source Microsoft Office.com


Oh, there is so much in Proverbs 26.  I could write for days on this chapter, but today I'm struck by this verse:

27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it,
    and a stone will come back on the one who starts it rolling.

Another way of saying this is, you reap what you sow.  You can't plant peas and expect to get corn.  This is so important to learn in life.

There are pleasures in sin...for a season.  But, sooner or later, the consequences of sin will show up.   We can do what we want. We can disobey G-d and His Ways, but we will pay a price.  

Yes, I believe in and am thankful for the grace of Yeshua's blood to pay for my sin when I ask for forgiveness.  However,  that doesn't stop the consequences of whatever sin I've indulged in.  

I heard this explanation years ago, and it stuck with me:

 I have a beautiful, wooden, antique dining room table.  If I take a knife and make a big, deep, wide "x" into the wood, the table is still usable and beautiful, but it is damaged.  It is marred, and the "x" will remain forever.  Sanding won't take it off because it is very deep. I have to live with the consequences of being foolish.

When we sin, we damage ourselves.  Yes, we can be forgiven, but the consequences remain.  That is why G-d says to obey is better than sacrifice.  Obedience blesses us and gives life.  Disobedience brings unhappiness and death.  

When faced with the temptation to sin, think long and hard, and choose LIFE.


^^^^^^

Quotations are from The Complete Jewish Bible

Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.