Friday, October 18, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 18 - Friendship

 
source Microsoft Office.com

Proverbs 18 is a gold mine of information about relationships, words, and friendship.  Proverbs 18:24 is the last verse in this chapter, but it spoke the loudest today:
 
Some “friends” pretend to be friends,
    but a true friend sticks closer than a brother.

The photo I chose today spoke to me, too, because a true friend will stick with you to the end of your life.   I have friends in my life that are closer than a "sister" as the verse says.  One of my friends has been in my life since I was in the first grade.  That's over fifty years.

G-d blessed me with another friend on the day my first child was born.  Linda was in the same room with me, and had given birth earlier that morning.  We both had little girls.  This was Linda's second child, and my first.  I was pretty incapacitated, while Linda ran around like the Energizer Bunny.  

I'd never met anyone so kind and caring.  "Can I help you with anything?" was her mantra.  I also noticed she read from her Bible several times a day, and sprinkled the words "L-rd" and "G-d" throughout her conversations, like He was a real person.  I liked that because it reminded me of my Aunt Inez and my grandmother, who did the same thing.

When we left the hospital after a few days, Linda gave me her phone number and I gave her mine.  I kept in touch with her, and she invited me to a Bible study.  I started attending church with her, and the rest is history.  We remain friends to this day, and our two daughters are fast friends as well.  

Linda has been there in every happy occasion, and also in every dark day of my life. She's helped me pack up and move several times, helped me give bridal and baby showers, and been there any time I need to talk.  We've laughed, prayed and cried together,  and she's even held a bucket while I threw up.  Now that's true love, right? 

I am an only child, but G-d blessed me with Linda, and others, to be my sisters.  I know what this verse means by years of experience.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quotations are from The Complete Jewish Bible
Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

1 comment:

  1. I love your post about the women friends in your life. How wonderful! I have some friends like that who have seen me at my worst and still love me. What a blessing that is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.