Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 6 - Innocent Blood

Life Chain Sunday last year


In Proverbs 6, today's reading, I find:

There are six things Adonai hates,
seven which he detests:
17 a haughty look, a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that plots wicked schemes,
feet swift in running to do evil,
19 a false witness who lies with every breath,
and him who sows strife among brothers.

Can there be any more innocent blood than a baby killed by abortion?  

I think it is amazing that this scripture is in today's passage, because today is Life Chain Sunday.  Our congregation will join many other churches in support of the Pro-Life Cause.  We will stand on the streets holding signs that hopefully will make people think.  


Our culture has promoted the lie that a pregnancy is just a bunch of cells.  Oh, beloved, a pregnancy is the life of child.  Common sense will tell you this.  

Let me tell you my story of unplanned pregnancies.

My father was one of eleven children.  My mother was one of twelve.  My mother's family had to "adopt out" two children.  My grandfather was a share cropper, and during and after the Depression, times were very hard.  I'm sure it was an extremely difficult decision.  About fifteen years ago, our family was located by my Uncle Albert.  He was overjoyed to find his family.  Aunt Gloria, the other child adopted out, was reared in the same town as some of her siblings and grew up in a loving, wealthy home. 

Sadly, abortion has touched my family, too.  This relative suffers great mental problems due to the decision to choose abortion (a kinder, clinical word for murder).

Every year, we read and study the Torah through from Genesis to Deuteronomy.  Each year, our faith is reinforced with the story of G-d's guidance, provision, and protection of the children of Israel.  He led them,  fed them, gave them water, and met every other need.  This, and other stories in the Torah, remind us of how faithful G-d is to us when we trust Him.

I have experienced this over and over again in my life.  G-d will make a way when there seems to be no way if we will trust Him, follow Him, and obey Him.  His Word is LIFE.

Sadly, the opposite is true.  When we turn away, disobey and follow our own way, we reap death.  Each of the women I spoke with experienced death.  Not only the death of the aborted baby, but death in their spirits.

The aftermath of an abortion is like a beautiful piece of furniture with a deep scratch across the surface.  Marred, but still beautiful and still useful.   There is hope.   Peace is possible.

Beloved, if you have had an abortion, you must agree with G-d that abortion is murder.
Ask His forgiveness for your sin.
Receive that forgiveness as an unmerited gift.  Yeshua died and rose again to pay for your sin.
Thank Him for it daily.
Make amends by speaking the truth about abortion.  Share your experience so that others will not go through what you did.

REMEMBER:  You are loved and forgiven.  You are beautiful, and G-d can use you to help other women.
This song is so appropriate to help you or anyone else who is contemplating abortion:







Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".



I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester 
I'll be sharing with:
Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
A Wise Woman Builds
A Hope in Every Season Homemaking Link-Up 
Thought Provoking Thursday
Hearts for Home
Favorite Things
Faith Filled Friday
Spiritual Sundays

Let's Get Social Sunday



2 comments:

  1. Such a good message today. I think the tragedy of abortion is being talked about more and more. I pray that more people will wake up and speak up for the unborn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to this song (and others) almost everyday from Kevin Inafuku. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.