Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 8 - Gifts



Proverbs 8 is my reading for today, and the end of the passage jumps out at me.

“Therefore, children, listen to me:
happy are those who keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and grow wise;
do not refuse it.
34 How happy the person who listens to me,
who watches daily at my gates
and waits outside my doors.
35 For he who finds me finds life
and obtains the favor of Adonai.
36 But he who misses me harms himself;
all who hate me love death.”

We have access to the mind of ADONAI.  Think about this.  Sit quietly and meditate on this concept.  G-d has written down an owner's manual for life on Earth.  An instruction guide for success.

 Wisdom is calling!
Understanding is raising her voice!

“Listen! I will say worthwhile things;
when I speak, my words are right.
My mouth says what is true,
because my lips detest evil.
All the words from my mouth are righteous;
nothing false or crooked is in them.
They are all clear to those who understand
and straightforward to those who gain knowledge.

The verses above make it clear that gaining wisdom and understanding is easy to find because they are calling you.  G-d is seeking you, beloved.  He wants to lead you to His wisdom, and His ways are extremely valuable as we see in these verses:

10 Receive my instruction, rather than silver;
knowledge, rather than the finest gold.
11 For wisdom is better than pearls;
nothing you want can compare with her.

Yes!  I prize wisdom above all riches.  I consider myself wealthier than the richest man on Earth because I have His wisdom and understanding.  

Now let's look at what G-d's wisdom is:

12 “I, wisdom, live together with caution;
I attain knowledge and discretion.

Wisdom makes us cautious and careful - not impulsive.  Wisdom gives us knowledge along with discretion.  We will know what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

13 The fear of Adonai is hatred of evil.
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil ways and duplicitous speech.

What does duplicitous mean?  Deliberate deceit. When we seek wisdom, we are led to knowledge and we will recognize and hate teachings that cause us to disobey His commandments.

14 Good advice is mine, and common sense;
I am insight, power is mine.

Isn't it wonderful to know that we can get good advice from G-d's Word?  We live in a day of self-help groups, seminars and webinars, etc. All to teach us how to live happy, successful lives.   All the while, wisdom is calling us.

17 I love those who love me;
and those who seek me will find me.
18 Riches and honor are with me,
lasting wealth and righteousness.
19 My fruit is better than gold, fine gold,
my produce better than the finest silver.
20 I follow the course of righteousness
along the paths of justice,
21 to endow with wealth those who love me
and fill their treasuries.

Just look at all G-d will give us when we obey Him.  Wisdom is greater wealth than anything money can by.

The folowing verses are amazing to think about.  Wisdom was the first thing ADONAI created:

22 Adonai made me as the beginning of his way,
the first of his ancient works.
23 I was appointed before the world,
before the start, before the earth’s beginnings.
24 When I was brought forth, there were no ocean depths,
no springs brimming with water.
25 I was brought forth before the hills,
before the mountains had settled in place;
26 he had not yet made the earth, the fields,
or even the earth’s first grains of dust.
27 When he established the heavens, I was there.
When he drew the horizon’s circle on the deep,
28 when he set the skies above in place,
when the fountains of the deep poured forth,
29 when he prescribed boundaries for the sea,
so that its water would not transgress his command,
when he marked out the foundations of the earth,
30 I was with him as someone he could trust.
For me, every day was pure delight,
as I played in his presence all the time,.
31 playing everywhere on his earth,
and delighting to be with humankind.

And to think, dear Gail-Friends...we can have it all...we can have the wisdom of the Creator of the Universe.  It is all written down in His Scriptures - His instruction manual for our lives.  What a gift.   

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.