Monday, October 21, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 21 - The Right Thing

  
source Microsoft Office.com


"Do the right thing," is my husband/rabbi's favorite expression.  We are faced with that decision from the moment we wake until we go to sleep at night.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Proverbs 21 has that theme today, and I was immediately grabbed by this verse:

3 To do what is right and just
    is more pleasing to Adonai than sacrifice.

The grace of ADONAI is all over the Scriptures.  I heard a well-known preacher say one time, "G-d's grace was not revealed until the New Testament."  Nothing could be further from the truth.

In Leviticus, we read about the system of blood sacrifice set up to cover the sins of the people.  A great deal of bloodshed was needed to pay for those sins.  That was the "grace of G-d".  Yeshua's blood has taken the place of animal sacrifice, and for that we are so grateful.

Let us not lose sight, however, that G-d desires obedience, which is doing what is right and just.  His Torah lets us know what that entails, and give us G-d's mind/thoughts on these things.

Let's look at what happens when we obey His ways:

21 He who pursues righteousness and kindness
    finds life, prosperity and honor.

I don't know about you, my dear Gail-Friends, but that's what I want.  There are many voices today. Many ideas. Many religions.   Many teachers.  Many churches, and even many synagogues with different views. But let's look at what the Word of the L-rd is:
 
30 No wisdom, discernment or counsel
    succeeds against Adonai.

31 A horse may be prepared for the day of battle,
    but victory comes from Adonai.

This is why I cried out for HIS WISDOM.  I tried so many different paths, and found them lacking.  

I pray for you, my dear Gail-Friends, to cry out for wisdom, His wisdom alone.  You will be led to His truth, His peace and the victory of ADONAI.



^^^^^^^^^^^^


Quotations are from The Complete Jewish Bible
Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.