Tuesday, October 22, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 22 - Speak Wisdom


 
source Microsoft Office.com



Proverbs 22 has several different areas of wisdom.  There are instructions about the rich ad the poor, about laziness, about rearing children, and much more.  It is a very rich chapter, and I encourage you to read it carefully and thoughtfully - for your self.  See what jumps out at you.  

This part is what leaped into my heart as I read:
 
17 Pay attention, and listen to the words of the wise;
    apply your heart to my knowledge;
18 for it is pleasant to keep them deep within you;
    have all of them ready on your lips.
19 I want your trust to be in Adonai;
    this is why I’m instructing you about them today.
20 I have written you worthwhile things
    full of good counsel and knowledge,
21 so you will know that these sayings are certainly true
    and bring back true sayings to him who sent you.

This goes back to my intent in writing this series, which is to encourage you, my dear Gail-Friends, to seek wisdom.  These teachings are so needed in the world today.  We must keep them ready on our lips so that we can share them with others.

I am reminded of a class I took in college (as an adult) in which I had to do a persuasive speech.  I spoke on abortion and used photographs to drive home the point that a fetus is much more than a clump of cells. After the class, several young students came to me, with tears in their eyes, to say they didn't know the truth until my speech. 

We must seek and know the truth, yes, but we must also share it with others in order to save their souls. 

^^^^^^^

Quotations are from The Complete Jewish Bible

Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.