Monday, October 28, 2013

31 Days of His Wisdom - Day 28 - Torah and Teshuva


Ma'gen Da'vid's Torah scroll

Proverbs 28 is my focus today, and this verse is so important:

Those who abandon Torah praise the wicked,
    but those who keep Torah fight them.

I've written about this before, but I must address it once again.  Torah is Life.  The truths found in the first five books of the Holy Scriptures are very important to living a life of success and peace.  Those truths destroy evil.

Many of the things taught in Torah have been diluted, ignored, and completely rejected by many who call themselves believers today.  Yeshua (Jesus the Messiah) did not say to do this.  Nowhere will you find that He said to reject the Torah.  

Yeshua was an observant Jew who studied and obeyed the Torah.  He spoke out against the religious leaders who had substituted their own man-made laws for G-d's holy truths. 

He said, "If you love me, keep my commandments."  He was G-d in the flesh, and He was speaking of the commandments in the Torah.

He observed the Feasts and Festivals commanded in Leviticus (Vayekra in Hebrew).

He observed the Sabbath commanded in the Ten Commandments so popular in churches today.  Yet, the Command about the Sabbath is disobeyed.  Nowhere in the New Testament will you find that G-d changed His mind about it.

He observed the dietary laws commanded in Torah.  I know your first thought is, "Paul said..."  Paul's statements have been perverted, and totally misunderstood.**  

Most of all, Yeshua preached  teshuva which is Hebrew for repent, and carries the meaning return to Torah.   John the Baptist preached teshuva prior to Yeshua's coming on the scene.  The disciples preached teshuva after Yeshua's death and resurrection. 

Teshuva is the great need of our world today.  We live in a world of the feel-good message and easy-believism.  Repentance is not preached and is not practiced, and many will be surprised when they hear G-d say, "Depart from Me.  I never knew you."

The Torah is a life preserver, and the New Testament should be read throught he lens of the Torah in order to understand Scripture.  When I learned this, my questions were all answered.***

If the things I've said here make you feel uncomfortable, the Holy Spirit is speaking to you.  Seek His face, and His wisdom...not your denomination, your preacher, or your religion.  I don't want you to hear G-d tell you to depart when you stand before Him in judgement.


**If you want to learn the truth about Paul and the dietary laws, please get the book The Genesis Diet by Gordon Tessler.  Very helpful.  

***I also recommend the book Our Father Abraham  - Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith by Marvin R. Wilson.  This book will explain how the Jewishness of faith in Yeshua was stripped out, and replaced with a great deal of lies and paganism.  After I read this book, I cried out to G-d for wisdom, and was led to Messianic Judaism.

^^^



Quotations are from The Complete Jewish Bible

Each time I read through Proverbs, something different jumps out at me.  This is ADONAI quickening His Word to my heart.  

As I go through this month of studying Proverbs, I hope you'll join me and read the chapter, too.  I'll share what stands out to me for that day.  

I'd love for you to share something He shows you through the day's reading. 
I'll be linking these posts to the 31 Days event at The Nester


This 31 day series will focus on the things I learned from Proverbs, as well as some things from Torah study, and will add in a sprinkling of what I've learned from Judaism. 

I will be posting daily through October 31.  To read the posts, just go to the Labels section on the left, and click on "31 Days of His Wisdom".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.