Tuesday, April 21, 2020

30 Days of Praise Day 21 - The Power of Praise


Father, thank You for showing me the power of praise.  You taught me that when I feel down, heavy-laden, or low, I can lift my spirits by praising You.  It works so well, but I have to be reminded of it sometimes. . . especially if I listen to the news.   I praise You for showing me this passage in Isaiah 61:3

 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them 
beauty for ashes,
 the oil of joy for mourning, 
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; 
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
 the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.


Playing praise music, singing, dancing, raising my hands, waving flags and banners are all things I do at home and at our synagogue to defeat the "spirit" of heaviness.  You've shown me that those low feelings are attacks of the enemy.  My weapon is "the garment" of praise.  I have to pick it up and put it on. That garment of praise can be as simple as saying, "Haleluyah!"   You taught me to put post-it-notes around my house to remind me of this promise.

So, during this pandemic/quarantine, I've chosen to praise You.  It's not hard to do when I look around me and begin to count the overwhelming blessings You shower on us all.  You deserve all praise - more than this world full of people could ever give.  Haleluyah!

I hope you'll leave a word of praise for our Heavenly Father in the comments below - even if it's just one word - Haleluyah!  Let's praise Him together every day during April.  
 Be sure to visit Day 1 to learn about my giveaway on May 1.   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.