Monday, April 27, 2020

30 Days of Praise Day 27 - His Strength




Father, I praise You today for Your strength.  I know there are many who feel like they just can't make it through this quarantine.  People have lost jobs, some have experienced sicknes,s and even death, in their families.  The future looks grim when we hear the news talking about another long stay-at-home period.  Help us all to be patient and trust our president, and most of all, You.

Thank You for the lesson You taught me about how to turn to You when I feel like I can't go on.  That day taught me something no one can ever take away from me, and I praise You with my whole heart for your goodness and mercy and patience with me as I've learned this and many more wonderful things about You that no one can ever take away from me.

~~~

Dear Gail-Friends, I want to share this story with a prayer that it will help You if You don't already know this wonderful truth about our Heavenly Father.

Have you ever been so weary that you couldn't take another step?  Maybe you feel that way right now.  Take heart, dear one.  You will get through, and He will give you His strength to press on.  All you have to do is ask Him.  Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

If you're bone-tired and spirit weary, I hope this song will minister to you, as it has me, many, many times. His Strength Is Perfect by Michael W. Smith

The song was introduced to me about five years ago.  My oldest daughter was in the hospital emergency room in critical condition.  I hadn't slept in almost twenty-four hours. While her husband arranged for her admittance,  I sat with my head back against the wall, wondering how I'd be able to hold my head up one minute longer.  All I could pray was, "God, help me hold on."

A security guard walked into the room and sat a radio on the small desk near my chair.  He turned it on and walked away. The song played softly, and it was as if my Heavenly Father wrapped His arms around me in a gentle hug.  As I listened to the words, I felt His strength flow into my tired body and exhausted spirit.  I was renewed, and able to continue for several more hours until my daughter was admitted.

I learned a valuable lesson through that hard experience.  I learned about His enabling strength.  It is great, and it's available when we ask Him.  I'm so thankful He taught me this.  As with every hard thing I've gone through in life, I know something about HIM that no one can ever take away from me.

Please let me know if you need prayer right now for anything.  I'll be blessed to pray for you, Gail-Friends.

I  hope you'll leave a word of praise for our Heavenly Father in the comments below - even if it's just one word - Haleluyah!  Let's praise Him together every day during April.  
 Be sure to visit Day 1 to learn about my giveaway on May 1.   

 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.