Thursday, April 9, 2020

30 Days of Praise Day 9 - People


I praise You, Father, for people.  I miss being around them so much.  That song, People Who Need People runs through my head all day long now.  I sing it a lot, too.  You know I'm an introvert, and I get energized by being alone.  In the past, long periods of being around people drained me dry.  Now I miss them. .  . my friends, family, our synagogue family, neighbors, and my writing friends.

I love my dear husband.  He's the best to be with during a quarantine.  But, I need others, too, Father.  Please know I'm not complaining.  I'm thankful You've shown me this.  I didn't realize how much smiles, hugs, even small talk means to me.  I went to the grocery store a couple of days ago, wearing my mask, and I'd smile at the (few) folks around me.  No response.  I suddenly realized they couldn't tell I was smiling because of the mask.  That's sad. 

I praise You that you've shown me this because I've taken social contact for granted.  Now, I'll praise You for the times I get to spend with people and enjoy their facial expressions, hugs, and conversation.

Father, I praise you for my friend, Betty, who made this mask and mailed it to me.  She's one of my very favorite people and I'm so glad you brought us together. And I praise You for her son, too, who married our daughter.  God bless her and keep her.

~~~
 Dear Gail-Friends --
I hope you will leave a word of praise for our Heavenly Father in the comments below - even if it's just one word - Haleluyah!  Let's praise Him together every day during April.  
 Be sure to visit Day 1 to learn about my giveaway on May 1.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.