Wednesday, April 29, 2020

30 Days of Praise Day 29 - Hope


*

Father, I praise You for hope.  You've been faithful to me since I was a little girl.  I often wonder how people function without knowing You and trusting You to work things out.

My trials and troubles have been many, and only one time did I lose hope.  I felt like You'd abandoned me because things didn't work out the way I wanted.  So, I decided not to talk to You anymore.  I will never forget the feeling I had when I didn't hear Your voice speaking to my heart.  It was horrible.  I felt lost and empty.

As I lay on my bed that night, I prayed for forgiveness and told You I never, ever wanted to go through not hearing Your voice again.

That night, You renewed my hope.  As time went on, things worked out much better than I ever dreamed they could.

I came out of that trial with a new perspective and the rock-solid belief that You will always work everything out for my good.  And You have ever since.  It's been twenty-five years and my hope is still in You.

Thank You for this comforting verse that I memorized over forty years ago:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, 
to them who are the called according to his purpose.
(Romans 8:28  KJV)
~~~

I  hope you'll leave a word of praise for our Heavenly Father in the comments below - even if it's just one word - Haleluyah!  Let's praise Him together every day during April.  
 Be sure to visit Day 1 to learn about my giveaway on May 1.   

 I sometimes share my posts with these friends:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking the time to leave a comment! I read each one of them and love to respond back to those who visit! Blessings to you.